Datasheet of OptiPrep™
OptiPrep™ is a multi-purpose, sterile and endotoxin tested density gradient medium based on non-ionic iodixanol.
It has significantly lower toxicity compared to ionic gradient compounds such as metrizamide.
This density gradient medium can be used to isolate and purify DNA, virus RNA, cell organelles and a wide variety of cell types.
Cell separation is made easier with OptiPrep™ due to its high density.
With OptiPrep™, cell flotation on a dense loading zone can be achieved either through a continuous or a discontinuous gradient or through a basic density barrier.
It can be used clinically in X-ray contrast imaging.
|Delivery condition||Room temperature|
|Delivery lead time in business days||• Europe: 1-2 days |
• USA & Canada: 2-3 days
• Rest of the World: 3-7 days
Storage and Stability Conditions of OptiPrep™
Should be stored between 4°C - 24°C in a sterile and dark environment.
It can be stored up to 3 years.
Avoid long exposures to sunlight ( NB. The effect of sunlight exposure is negligible when working with OptiPrep™ on a day to day basis).
Before use invert the bottles several times to mix the contents.
|Applications||Cell Isolation, Isolation of subcellular organelles and membranes, Virus purification, Macromolecules and lipoproteins purification|
|Composition||Iodixanol: 60% (w/v) in water|
Advantages of OptiPrep™ vs Other gradients
OptiPrep™ vs Histopaque & Percoll
Percoll and Histopaque include one or several washing step(s) prior to their use. The removal step(s) is/are required to avoid the formation of density gradients which can be toxic to mammalian cells. Unlike Histopaque and Percoll, OptiPrep™ has no potential for bioaccumulation, therefore is non-toxic for the cell. OptiPrep™ has a better yield, purity and viability (92%, 86%, 54%) compared to Histopaque (58%, 61%, 54%).
OptiPrep™ vs CsCl (Caesium chloride)
Particle virus number ratios are 100 times higher with OptiPrep™ compared to those recorded from CsCl gradients.
OptiPrep™ can be a good substitution of:
• Cesium Chloride
• Iodixanolum [Latin]
• CCRIS 7567
• 1,3-Benzenedicarboxamide, 5,5'-((2-hydroxy-1,3 propanediyl)bis(acetylimino))bis(N,N'-bis(2,3-dihydroxypropyl)-2,4,6-triiodo-
• Iodixanol [USAN:BAN:INN]
|Related Products||• Lymphoprep: Isolation of human mononuclear cells |
• Lymphoprep™ Tube: Isolation of human mononuclear cells
• Nycodenz AG : A universal density gradient medium
• Polymorphprep: Isolation of human polymorphonuclear cells
Publications mentioning OptiPrep™
1. Wiesinger, C., Kunze, M., Regelsberger, G., Forss-Petter, S. and Berger, J. (2013) Impaired very long-chain Acyl-CoA ?-oxidation in human X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy fibroblasts is a direct consequence of ABCD1 transporter dyfunction J. Biol. Chem., 288, 19269-19279
2. Sandin, M., Antberg, L., Levander, F. and James, P. (2015) A Breast Cell Atlas: Organelle analysis of the MDAMB- 231 cell line by density-gradient fractionation using isotopic marking and label-free analysis EuPA Open Proteomics, 8, 68–77
3. Bagnat, M. and al. (2000) Lipid rafts function in biosynthetic delivery of proteins to the cell surface in yeast